Can you believe that St. Augustine is about to turn 450? That’s right! In preparation of her landmark birthday, the area is holding The Romanza Festivale of the Arts. It’s ten days of celebratory events that reflect on the history and culture of the nation’s oldest city: St. Augustine. The Romanza Festivale lasts from May 8-17 and offers so much to do!
The festival will feature more than 60 events and displays that show the city’s historical and cultural significance. Hear musical groups, watch dance performances, see art shows and attend dramatic plays. So what exactly can you see and do? Here are some highlights to check out – and this is just for day one!
Day One at the Romanza Festivale
- St. Augustine Food Tour: Organized by the Historic Walking Tours, the food tour will last from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., with locations to be announced.
- St. Augustine Beer Experience: This event will be located at A1A Ale Works at 1 King Street, and goes from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- Changing of the Guard: This interesting ceremony occurs at the Government House at the Plaza de la Constitucion. This is a free event, but get there on time for this 30-minute event that begins at 7 p.m.
- Opening Concert: Come check out the Florida National Guard 13th Army Band, also at the Government House. The band plays 7-9:30 p.m., and it’s also a free event.
- The Box – A Drama: Visit the Pioneer Barn Theater at 259 San Marco Avenue. The Box, presented by Lee Weaver, begins at 7:30 p.m.; admission is $20.
- A Paranormal Pub Crawl: Organized by the Historic Walking Tours, $15 will gain you admission to the Spirit with Spirits Paranormal Pub Crawl that occurs at the Prince of Wales Pub at 54 Cuna Street.
That’s just the first day of this ten-day event. If you really want to get to know St. Augustine, you have to experience the Romanza Festivale of the Arts. Let Vacation Rental Pros help you create your dream experience. Contact them now for information about beach house and condo rentals.