St. Augustine Old town - ghost tours
Here's the thing about ghost tours. They're like bachelor parties. Half the group will have a
great time, the other half will wish they'd stayed home. Maybe you believe in ghosts, or
maybe you're just along for the ride - either way, St. Augustine's stories leave room for
dozens of ghostly offerings in the tourist spectrum. Once the sun's gone down, it's basically ghost-everything: haunted horse rides, haunted lighthouses, haunted jails. Care to join in? Here are a handful of the more creative options - by no means an exhaustive list.
- Winter warning: Dress warmly if heading out for nighttime haunting. Many tours last two hours or more, plenty long enough to wish you'd brought a scarf.
- Enjoying your tour: If you've spent the day sight-seeing, you might be asking a lot of your
legs to walk a few more hours after dark. If you have the flexibility, schedule your ghostly
evening after an easy day of beach bumming.
- With kids: Some tours aim to be scarier than others and aren't suitable for youngsters.
Elsewhere in the world we've heard of a children's birthday party at a "friendly" ghost
tour - where every child went home early in tears. Ask the tour operator about its
appropriateness, or check others parents' reviews on TripAdvisor or similar sites.
HAUNTED PUB TOUR (GHOST AUGUSTINE)
Gather your geeks! This one includes ghost gadgets and beer. Variations on the night-
time pub tour theme include the company's other offerings: their Haunted Hearse Tour, Total Paranormal St. Augustine Tour or - for the weirdest designated-driver ever - the Pub Hearse Ride. Scary or silly, it'll be a more memorable night than hotel room HBO.
- Website: https://www.ghostaugustine.com/haunted-pub-tour.php
- Address: Departs from 162 St. George Street, suite 19 (inside Heritage Walk mall)
- Children: "Midnight" Hearse Ride Tour allows teens, otherwise must be 21.
- Pets: Pets are allowed with prior permission on private hearse tours.
- Keep in mind: Discounts for online booking.
GHOST TOURS OF ST. AUGUSTINE
Did you know it's possible to be a professionally licensed ghost tour guide? These guys
have got it. Choose to ride, walk or investigate in their capable leadership - whether
on the Ghostly Experience walking tour, Ghost and Gravestones riding tour, or the Potters House of Wax paranormal investigation.
- Website: https://www.ghosttoursofstaugustine.com
- Address: 2 St. George Street, St. Augustine, FL 32084
- Children: Children ages six and up can ride the 'Trolley of the Doomed'
- Keep in mind: Check website for coupons